8th March 2019 News
The Club's activities have been taking a break for the most part during the school holidays. However, to occupy the young there was a Squash Camp to keep them fit and busy.
(The Junior Indoor Cricket at Morangis was postponed.)
Ladies Tennis: On Tuesday our valiant ALT's team battled the weather to inflict a 2-1 victory over TC Plessis-Robinson. The team next takes on Montrouge next Tuesday.
There's been very little (no?) action in the Snooker Tournament recently, which means that there are lots of matches yet to be played in the next few weeks so that all four tournaments can complete in a timely manner. So please, please do your best to complete your matches as soon as possible!
What's coming this weekend and after
Pam and Monica will be offering Fitness and Yoga sessions this Saturday 9th; Pam's new Fitness term starts on Monday 11th and Monica will be back with a full Yoga programme on Wednesday 13th.
In fact, this weekend is going to be a busy one; not only with the 6 Nations Rugby in its penultimate stage but also an opportunity to see, hear, and meet the author Stephen Clarke on the subject of “1000 years of annoying the French: who laughs last?" at dinner on Saturday evening.
On Sunday 10th our Footballers will swing back into action against the British school.
Dates to watch
- Tuesday 12th March - Ladies ALT's Tennis vs TC Montrouge
- Weekend 9th/10th March - 6 Nations Rugby on the big screen
- Saturday 9th March - Dinner / Talk featuring Stephen Clarke
- Saturday 9th March - Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Sunday 10th March - Adult Football vs British School
- Monday 11th March - New Fitness term starts
- Tuesday 12th March - Bridge Dinner Tournament
- Wednesday 13th March - Full Yoga programme restarts
- Thursday 14th - Squash Critérium Île de France resumes
- Thursday 21st 7 pm - Bridge for Beginners class
- Saturday 23rd March - Saint Patrick's Caelí Evening - live music, Irish dancing with callers & an Irish theme buffet. Places limited so book early
- Friday 29th March - Bridge Workshop - Forcing 3rd suit (3e couleur forcing)
- Week of 22nd to 26th April - Junior Tennis Holiday Camp
- Week of 22nd to 26th April - Junior Squash Holiday Camp
- Weekend of 26th-28th April - Golf Outing to Dieppe.
The Search is still on for a volunteer Newsletter Editor!
The Club Management is looking for a News Editor whose responsibility is to compile the weekly newsletter from the input provided by Management, Staff, the Section heads and members. The News Editor should be fluent in English, preferably a native speaker. The time commitment needed is a few hours a week. The management would hope for a long-term commitment to the post from the volunteer. Please contact Matthew Curtin () if you're interested.
Choice reading from the Website
The ALT’s team won 2-1 against TC Plessis Robinson away today. The next match will be on Tuesday 12th March against Montrouge.
Come and watch the 6 Nations Rugby on Sat 9th March from 3.15 pm and Sunday 10th (at 4.00 pm) on the big screen! Charcuterie and cheese plate available - order at the bar or call 01 46 26 16 09.
The guest speaker at the dinner will be British writer Stephen Clarke, the bestselling author, with a speech entitled “1000 years of annoying the French: who laughs last?".
Fitness classes are taking a break for the holidays. Pam will offer a class on Saturday the 9th March and the new term proper begins on Monday the 11th. Contact Pam () for more class confirmations and updates.
During the holidays, classes will only be held on Saturdays (2nd & 9th March) until the full schedule restarts on Wednesday 13th March. More info as always from Monica at . ?
The first of the Bridge Lessons for Beginners mentioned in this article will be on Thursday 21st March at 7 pm. If you are interested, would you please get in touch with Jenny Pratt ().
A Saint Patrick's Caelí will be held at the club on 23rd March, with live Irish music with the Lutecia Caelí Band, Irish dancing, food and much merriment.
Reservations for the Easter Tennis Camp (22-26 April) are open for all children aged from 4 to 17 using this link.